Monday, September 27, 2010

Maintaining


Got back last night from our whirlwind trip to California. The whole trip, from airport to airport, was only 36 hours. But it was one trip we couldn't miss! Mom's 80th Birthday party was a hit!

I left on Saturday morning weighing 176. Home last night, and this morning I'm at 178. There wasn't time to do a lot of snacking, although because it was Mom's birthday, there was more than one cake to sample. The caterer at the party had salads, beef, chicken, mashed potatoes and bread. I probably would have felt more comfortable with steamed veggies and fruit salad, but that didn't stop me from joining the family at the buffet line!

Plane food is easy to justify snacking on. Only 50 calories in one of those little trail mix packets. But Alaska/Horizon Airlines offers free samples of local Northwest wineries, so I had a glass... at 9am. Hey! I wasn't driving! :-)

Anyway, I'm only up a couple of pounds, and last weekend on the Vancouver trip, I gained 3, so I think I'm doing fine.

I told myself I'd be getting back into a regular gym schedule soon, but today isn't the day. Where's my motivation? If I could visualize myself with toned arms and butt, it would be different. But I still don't even see the weight loss so much when I look in the mirror, so the importance of toning hasn't hit me yet. But it will. Eventually, I'll be tired of looking at my little flying squirrel wings, and feel the need to start lifting weights. I'm just feeling lazy these days. No excuses, just lazy.

2 comments:

  1. WOW - you look fantastic!!! Love the dress, love the shoes, love the pose, love the smile! Glad you had such a great time at your mom's birthday party...and with all of the traveling you've been doing lately, you're still doing great with the food, all things considered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Shelley! We were doing our "pageant poses" with "sassy hands". LOL
    Good luck on your upcoming run! I saw how many people offered to send you a matching visor! How funny! I like the fabric paint idea. :-)
    No more traveling for awhile... I have no reason not to keep close track of my calories. We're not going anywhere again until Reno in November. Buffets are NOT my friend. :-o

    ReplyDelete