Saturday, February 5, 2011

Danger!

At this point in my body restructuring, I am in mortal danger! Okay, that's an exaggeration. But I feel like I'm being tossed in the middle of so many temptations!
The holidays came and went, and there went my will power... temporarily. It's back, but not as strong, and I've got those 3 lbs to show for it still!
Last night, I was left alone. All alone......... just me and the jar of peanut butter. Scary, right? I could write a complete horror screenplay based on just the few hours I had with that fattening little temptation.
It was as if it was stalking me. I'd have a salad, and I'd see it in the pantry as I gathered salad fixings. I saw it again as I put everything away. I told myself, "If you're good and just have your yummy salad, you can have a little spoonful of peanut butter after dinner."
That held me for awhile, and once the dishes were done, and I was relaxed and ready for bed, I should have just snuck upstairs, before it could follow me. But I didn't. I opened that pantry door, and there it was ...mocking me.
But I showed it who's boss. I opened it right up, and had a spoonful. Then a second. As I was getting ready to go for three, my common sense kicked in... finally!
I probably had a couple hundred calories of that yummy peanutty goodness before I quit. Oh well... what's done is done. I'll go for a long walk today, cursing that jar of Skippy with every step!

3 comments:

  1. You are at the point where this can't be a diet any longer. It has to be a way of life. You have to allow yourself little cheats. Not too many, and when you cheat they have to be LITTLE! 2 Spoonfuls does not = little! LOL

    You'll be fine. No more fixating on "diet". This is the way you eat now. Period! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, the lure of peanut butter. That is a danger food to me - too delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel! I just started my own weight loss blog. I'm ready to face everything head on, but terrified at the same time. Let's support each other! brendanlosesweight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete