Friday, January 28, 2011

Motivation returning... hopefully!

I'm feeling like I can actually get some writing done. Lately, I've just not made time to sit and share feelings or life's little events... Seems like housework, school stuff, and work are occupying my brain for the most part, and I don't feel motivated to sit and type. Although this is a good thing for me... this is my therapy. Getting things off my chest, and venting, is part of the process of overcoming my previous lifestyle. I still get urges to sneak-eat, and I haven't been following a strict calorie intake or exercise plan. Do we go through ups and downs? Can I expect to be bored with my eating every so often and just give in to temptation? Ugh. I suppose. But this current down-swing I'm blaming on the weather. Let's hope when it warms up, I'll have my energy back.
Currently, I'm weighing in around 181, and I feel like if I don't stay on top of it, those little pounds are going to add up. I don't ever see myself being the size I was last year, but I can see myself bouncing up and down... UNLESS I get into a regular exercise program and start finding something more interesting to eat.
Still surviving on my fruit, veggies, and lean meat. But I occasionally have something greasy or fried, and that's when my body tells me ENOUGH! I always feel sluggish the next day if I eat something icky. If only my tummy would communicate better with my brain, I wouldn't eat that stuff in the first place!
I feel like I'm rambling this morning. Maybe after another cup of coffee, I'll be more on top of my game.
I'm writing now for another site, and although some of the posts will be new on the other site, at least for awhile, I think for the most part, they'll be the same posts. There are new readers on the new site, and they need to be caught up! Find that new blog location at www.whatstheskinnie.com I'm listed under blogs, and titled, "Mommy Corner II".

Okay, so in general, I'm feeling good. The chiropractor has me doing some core strength exercises, and I'm cleared to go back to the gym. I'm thinking I need to get my motivation back up, because I'm closing in on a full year of this new eating/lifestyle change, and I still have 20 lbs to lose! Time to crack down! Hmmm... where's that yoga dvd???

Doldrums: GONE!
Optimism: HERE!
Weight Goal Attained: SOON!!

1 comment: