Wednesday, November 21, 2012

It's a wrap! ...or is it?

   It's been months and months, (maybe over a year?) since I last posted.  My weight got back up to 228.  And I was unmotivated.  But ya know, all it takes to motivate me is seeing the scale go DOWN a pound or two, rather than UP, and I'm back on track. 
  So as I was beginning my downward spiral, (haha) I suddenly had a big change happen in my life.  The boyfriend and I parted ways, happily, and I found myself needing to go back to work full time to support myself and my son on a new single income.  For years I had been working part-time as a city carrier for the USPS, but now, the decision was made to go back to full-time.  Full time mail carrier is tough work, and you almost don't have time to eat, and you work (and WALK) hours and hours a day!
  When I started full-time again, I was back up to an unhealthy weight.  In the last 2 months, by just being busy again, and working and walking tons, I've dropped so far 18 lbs.  Weighed in at 210 this morning.  I think at some point, my body will just get used to all this exercise, and the weight will stop coming off.  Hopefully, not until I get back down to 170.  :-)
  Anyway, I thought about this blog today, and I wondered if it hadn't just disappeared into cyber space.  But it's still here!  And I thought about printing it, and calling it good, but really, my story isn't over.  Is it ever over when it comes to our health? 
  I think I'll post a few more times.  Let's see if I can keep doing this until I'm back to 170, and then I'll print the whole thing, and put it to bed. 

1 comment:

  1. What a nice surprise to see an update from you - glad to hear you're doing well, Mary. Hope you have a happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete