Monday, August 16, 2010

Vacation update.


It's been forever since I sat here and typed an entry with any real substance. I suppose I should update everything from weight to food choices now. Plus, I've been home from vacation for a week now, and haven't really posted anything from that trip.

Vacation was great. We planned on trying to stick to our calorie plan/schedule as much as possible, but vacations have a way of knocking you off track.

We started off great, filling the cooler for the 10 hour drive with water and Clif Bars. For the first couple of days, we had to hit a couple of restaurants before reaching my Mom's house, so I tried to stick with salads and proteins. I did fine, for awhile.

The first night at my Mom's, she had made lasagna for dinner. Don't think I didn't enjoy that! Yummy, gooey noodles, sauce and meat with delicious garlic bread.

Over the next few days, I got through the mornings watching everyone else eating fried eggs and toast, while I snacked on grapes and cantaloupe, and the occasional bran muffin.

For dinners, there was pizza one night, tacos the next. Then pizza again! LOL

One night, while we were in Santa Cruz, we spent a few hours at the Boardwalk. If you're not familiar with it, it is an amusement park right on the beach, with all the famous seaside treats! Salt-water taffy... corndogs...cotton candy... The last time I was there, I rode most of the rides, but there was an incident where I couldn't fit on one of the rides. This trip, I rode everything I wanted to, and there were no safety issues when the security bars wouldn't go over my tummy.

I swore that since we don't make the trip often, that I would have a corndog while I was there. But, alas, I did not. Bunna had one, and I nibbled a little off the edge of his. :-)

The final destination on this trip was my family reunion. Everyone brings a side dish, and we all bbq hamburgers and hot dogs. There are always plenty of homemade dips and desserts, so the eating, or "grazing", goes on pretty much all day.

I tried to maintain myself, but I'm a sucker for a good guacamole, and there were at least two really great ones at the picnic. Don't think I passed those up!

By the time I got back home, I hadn't weighed myself in days. I was only hoping for the best, but had my doubts about my success in maintaining.

When I left for vacation, I think I was weighing about 180.2. When I got back I was 2-3 lbs heavier. But since then, I'm back on track; back to that pre-vacation weight. This morning I was weighing at 180.4.

The doctor told me at my last appointment a few weeks ago, that I should just maintain for 3-4 weeks, and then if I still wanted to lose more, that I could stand to lose just another 15 more. I actually had more like 20-25 in mind, but I'll take one day at a time. For now, maintaining within a 3-4 pound range suits me fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment