Wednesday, January 4, 2012

GOAL!

On the downward track again. Weighed in at 221 this morning. That's two pounds since yesterday.
Honestly, I've known since the end of last year that I was going to have to crack down again on my habits, and I was sincerely looking forward to the holidays being over to start doing the right things again. I'm happy to be eating my egg whites for breakfast, and going to bed without feeling bloated is once again, a good feeling.
I've got many things to motivate me this time around, too. It's not been so long ago that I was shaking my size 12 booty around town, and it felt good. I'm not gonna lie... at age 48, I still love the attention I was getting. It's been a real bummer feeling like I've been a failure, but I know this is not only a project to get healthy, it's a learning process at the same time. I've got to wrap my brain around the maintaining bit.
This year, I've got two vacations planned: One in April back home to attend my niece's wedding, and another back east to help out in a family-run charity golf tournament held by my cousins. Some I haven't seen in 20 years, and some I've never met. I've got to look good, and I want to feel good for the trip.
For the wedding in April, I've already bought a dress. Okay, it was on sale. And yes, it's a 14. But at the time I bought it, I was, (and am still) in a 16, so buying that dress was not only a bargain, it also became my goal dress. It's a cute little sleeveless number with big flowers! Perfect for a spring wedding!
The way I look at it, I can be in that dress comfortably if I lose about 25 lbs. Somewhere around 195, I'm in a 14. It was at 173 when I wore a size 10, but that was short-lived. Being in a size 12, at 185, was a happy weight for me. And I think this time around, that's my goal.
Yes, Shelley, I have a goal. :-)

1 comment: