Monday, May 17, 2010

Patience

Patience is not my long suit. I can't be bothered by things that take too long, and I hate being inconvenienced.
I knew when I started this "diet" that it would work, and that it would be a lifestyle change, so there was no question in my mind that I would continue to eat according to the plan I had come up with. It was a no brainer. If I ate less sugar and carbs, and more fiber and fruit, I would lose weight. There was no way it wouldn't work. The difference between how I was eating before and how I am eating now is like night and day.
So I knew I was on the right path when I started eating right. And I also knew it wouldn't happen over night. I have been accused of being impatient. Really? ME? I can't tell you how many times people have had to remind me, "Rome wasn't built in a day!"
I'm losing at a steady pace, and although it's not super-fast, it is coming off at a healthy rate. So I know it's just a matter of time. So far, I've lost 56 lbs.
Patience, Grasshopper. You can't build Rome in a day, but you can have the body of a Roman Goddess in another 4 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment