Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Binging.

Yesterday, as I was waiting for my son to come to the car after baseball, I cleaned out the console in the center of my front car seats. In that little box, I found sunglasses, receipts, and cds. But I also found some coupons that expired back in January. Those coupons were my dirty little secret.
Before I started eating healthy, if fast-food coupons came in the mail, I'd put them in the car. Then if I had a free morning, I'd use the coupons. There were buy-one-get-one coupons for McMuffins and Sonic Breakfast Burritos. I could eat two, no problem. But there was the guilt. I knew they were so bad for me, and that they were full of fat and calories. But that's why I was sneaking out in the morning to eat them alone.
Holy cow. I never thought of myself as having an "eating disorder", but that is textbook! Hiding my eating? My secret binging was a huge contributor to my weight gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment