Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Energy

So today is April 6, and I'm 64 days into my new eating regime. Still happy with it, although it gets tougher all the time to find a variety in snacks. I have yet to start cutting up raw vegetables for snacks. I am really not a raw vegetable person. I'm not interested in celery unless it's got a big smear of peanut butter on it! Raw carrots are awful, although steamed carrots are one of my favorites! With my work schedule, the easiest foods for me to carry and snack on during the day are still the 90 calorie bars and simple fruits like apples and bananas. Garden season is almost here, though, and we'll have tomatoes and berries in the ground soon!
Weighed this morning and I'm still at 42 lbs lost. Went to the gym yesterday and it felt really good. I remember when we re-joined the gym back in September, I was not in any condition to work out. :-) Getting on the elliptical machine then was a real struggle. If I got through 3 or 4 minutes on level one, I was doing good. It would take a good 6-8 minutes of hard pushing to get beyond that feeling of exhaustion. Back then, if I could get past that 8 minutes point, my legs would feel much better. They would stop aching and I would be able to get through 15 minutes without wanting to jump off. Even then, I wasn't really sweating. I don't think, even with all the pain and struggling, I was getting my heart rate very high. I was just too heavy and too weak.
But yesterday, I had energy. For the first time in a long time, I was able to get on the machine, crank up the intensity, and get a good sweat going right away. It felt good to get the blood pumping, and not feel rubber-legged.
Sixty-four days ago, my waist was 8 inches bigger around. Today, I'm wearing a pant size that I haven't worn in 10 years. I'm ordering uniforms in shirt sizes that I haven't worn since high school. I'm the Incredible Shrinking Woman, and I am thrilled!
Yesterday at work, someone told me that I look like I had "worked my ass off". I was tempted to make a comment about the diet, but then I realized he might have been commenting on my appearance, considering I had just come in from the wind and rain. Dang. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment