Friday, July 23, 2010

Doctor Appointment next week!

It's Friday! And I've got mixed feelings about my doctor appointment on Tuesday.
On the one hand, I think the doctor will be happy that I've lost the weight. On the other hand, I hate springing it on her by just showing up in her waiting room, looking unlike I did 6 months ago. That probably wouldn't bother most people, but I'm the type that hates surprising people. (For the same reason, I absolutely hate practical jokes!)
But I'll be going in with my son for his school physical. He'll go in first, then I'll have to face the doc when he's done. I just hope she is okay with my plan, and more importantly, I hope my blood work comes back perfectly healthy! I've always had a decent cholesterol level, although my triglycerides have been a bit off. I've been taking my D vitamins, Multi-, and fish oil religiously. That, hopefully, will be evident in my results, and she'll be okay with my weight loss.
I haven't been losing too quickly. In the beginning, it seemed to fall off, but I'm sure that's because I was so large to begin with, it just came off faster. Now that I'm pretty close to my goal weight, the loss has slowed down a bunch! I am lucky if I lose a pound a week now.
No worries. I said in the beginning, I'd be close to goal in August, but it might take me until the new year until I reach my ideal weight. I'm okay with that. I'm totally enjoying being smaller, and stronger, and more confident.
Now... let's see. Should I wear 3 or 4 layers of clothes to my doctor appointment? And only peel them off when it's time to weigh? That would lessen the shock to my favorite medical professionals. I don't want them to faint. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment