Friday, July 9, 2010

Last night's menu.

Yesterday was so warm out, and since I work outdoors, the last thing I wanted to do was heat up the kitchen when I got home. But, last night, I had the most delicious dinner! I started with my basic iceberg salad, with tomato and sliced hard-boiled egg. Some light ranch, and a sprinkle of shredded cheese, and it was just what the doctor ordered. Cool and light.
For my main course, I put a turkey burger on the Foreman. (200 calories) The man at the fruit stand gave us a a big container of his salsa to take home and try, so I used a couple of spoonsful of that on top of my burger. He makes the salsa with chunks of avocado, tomato, and serranos, then adds rough-cut cilantro and a squeeze of lime. It was so good, and HOT! :-)
Fresh and delicious, and the perfect compliment to the turkey burger!
I think all together, the dinner was probably under 450 calories! That was so good, I think I'll have the same thing tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment