Saturday, March 6, 2010

Snack all day!

So here was the plan we had come up with: Keep the calories around 1000, and spread those calories out during the day so you aren't hungry. Then in the evening, or whenever you wanted to use them, have that 300-400 calorie meal that would include a small portion of meat, a vegetable, and a salad or fruit. We worked it out so that every two hours, we'd have a snack. (At this point, Bunna was on board, too!) So, a 100 calorie "snack" at 8am, 10am, Noon, 2pm, 4pm, and a small meal at 6. Another 100 calorie snack before bed, around 8pm was okay, too. This kept the calorie intake to 1000, give or take, and it kept your stomach busy so it didn't think you were starving it. By eating consistent small "meals", your metabolism didn't get the chance to slow down. Nutritionists warn about going too low with your calorie intake, and since the Bunna is not an old, fat woman, we decided he should have more calories. He basically eats an extra snack a day.
Crash diets are defined as anything under 1050 calories daily. The way this plan was designed, I was getting just about that many each day. The huge difference in the way this plan forced me to eat, was that I was not going to allow myself to sit down and pig out on a plate of pasta anymore for dinner. I was not going to have a hot dog and potato salad at 10am anymore. There was a schedule, there was a limit, and there was suddenly motivation. Motivation, because I knew there was will power IN ME. I just hadn't tapped it for years. This time, I had a plan, and I was in the right frame of mind to pull it off!

No comments:

Post a Comment